Wednesday, July 4, 2007

What I See

I see a myself. I am on a sunporch. It is what I have wanted for a very long time. My indigo sea is pale and almost flat.
A day-off morning is the time I can quiet my mind and not worry about everything in the world. So I am here. Watching the calm moment from my wicker chair. Listening to the crickets and the birds. Seeing the sun shine on my grey cat's coat. Hoping the neighbors can't see me in my nightgown through the screens.
The yellow cat joins me on the porch. The grey cat jumps off my feet. His warmth gone, I feel the cool of the day on my bare ankle. There is a stirring inside the house. A ripple in the indigo. Time for a second cup of tea.

1 comment:

joe stanton said...

I just added somebody to my blogroll! That somebody is you.

Come see me do some comedy sometime.

www.dsicomedytheater.com/performers

I don't have a picture up yet, but I will soon.